Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gmarket Haul Update: It has been shipped!

So I got the email yesterday, giving me my EMS confirmation #. I was quite worried I would not receive my package because looking on the Global Gmarket Facebook a lot of fellow buyers said that they had been waiting for days to receive their confirmation numbers and some even complained about their packages being in the warehouse for a very long time. Luckily mine had no issues and according to the tracker, around midnight in Korea, my package was 'on air'. The tracker also provides the flight # your package is on. So I typed in my flight number in to Google and results showed an updated schedule for the flight. (Google is so amazing...) At first I thought my package would just go from Incheon Airport(ICN) to San Francisco Airport(SFO), however apparently it goes from ICN to Anchorage, Alaska to LAX, and lastly to SFO. In total it takes about a whole day to actually reach San Francisco. As of now it will reach SFO at midnight tonight, however I think due to the foggy weather and rain there might be some delays, but I believe pretty much it will arrive sometime within the night to early morning. Luckily it was not shipped out today, because apparently the next flight heading out to Anchorage has been delayed. I guess weather is bad right now in Korea. Unfortunately customs is not open on weekends, so I guess they probably won't check my package until Monday, and if it is not detained then I probably will receive the package by Wednesday to Thursday. Technically that would mean only less than 10 business days for this whole Gmarket process. Not bad, very fast. I guess we shall wait and see later in to the week if I have estimated correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment